Business Consulting Case Studies
Setting up process to create data-centric RfPs and preparing holding analysis templates as per the institutional client’s requirements
Achieved 100% accuracy while reducing the turnaround time by about 20% within the first 3 months
Transmit in-depth understanding of the Nutraceutical market in the Middle East (ME) region in order to expand the client’s portfolio and strengthen market presence through collaborations.
Grouping relevant Key intelligence Questions in 3 successive stages:
Stage: Create Nutraceutical Market Overview
- Market Landscape
- Regulatory Landscape, Drivers and Barriers
- List of Potential Target Companies
Stage: Primary Competitive Intelligence
- Market Split by Product Category
- Market Outlook – Demand and Supply-Side Indicators
- Client Specific Parameters (to assess potential targets)
Strategic & Operational Fit Assessment
- Key Trends by Product Category
- Partner Identification and Attractiveness Analysis
- Collaboration Scenarios
- Potential partner companies based in both developed and developing geographies were reviewed
- The client was provided a target list of in-licensing candidates that could be pursued to realize their market strategy
Understanding the German lubricant market to facilitate an informed market entry
Highlighted key elements such as market growth and its drivers, entry barriers, product trends, consumer segments, value chain analysis, dealer perspective, competitive landscape and an initial recommendation on market entry strategy
Understanding the Latam e-commerce market to facilitate an informed market entry
- Prepared detailed country profiles highlighting demographic trends, internet users, broadband and mobile penetration
- Recommended an entry strategy covering various aspects viz. geography, categories, operating model and mode of entry
Analysing the retail market in Thailand for a possible investment in the sector
- Prepared country overview covering various macro economic factors viz. demographics, GDP, FDI, per capita income, retail sales per capita etc. and compared it with other regional economies
- Recommended a shortlist of players based on their sales growth, margins and their presence across various formats
Researching the UAE food sector and identifying suitable investment candidates
Highlighted the sector demand supply dynamics, growth drivers, key trends, competitive landscape and profile of key players
Preparing Canadian Natural Gas Sector scorecard to support various investment decisions
Delivered key data, valuation metrics for each player, sector summary and data analysis to identify buy or sell recommendations
Conducting a macro economic study of Qatar to identify fast growing sectors suitable for potential investments
- Provided demographic overview on population, age profile, unemployment and per capita GDP
- Identified key macroeconomic indicators viz. real GDP growth rate, inflation , fiscal and current account balance
- Provided economic outlook for 2013-18 and identified attractive sectors which offer long term growth potential for investments
A telecom consulting firm based in the UK wanted to analyze the global wireless telecom services market from IT services vendors’ perspective and recommend potential opportunities in the telecom vertical
SGA helped the client with a detailed study of the industry, changing trends, key IT needs, etc. It also offered recommendations to the technology vendors regarding potential opportunities in the telecom vertical. SGA identified vendors who are currently focusing on offering their services to the telecommunication service providers, leaving other key stakeholders of the ecosystem largely untouched. SGA believes that the IT vendors should focus more on other parts of the telecom value chain as it offers substantial untapped opportunities.
A handset manufacturer in China wanted to analyze the mobile handset market in China and evaluate its competitive position in the country
SGA helped the client with the assessment of the Chinese handset market covering economic and demographic factors (which have an impact on the mobile handset market), current scenario of the mobile handset market and competitive analysis. SGA found that the company needs to localize its products and decentralize its distribution network in order to succeed in the Chinese market. In a bid to better compete in the Android dominated handset market, the company has to come up with a customer centric and user-friendly operating system.
Understanding of footwear market and its potential growth prospects in KSA
SGA studied the Saudi Arabian footwear market along with its supply and demand analysis. For this, SGA shared a detailed report covering product overview including product mix, key trends, channel split, growth opportunity and competitive landscape.
A leading cider manufacturing company wanted to foray into Nigerian market
SGA helped the client to study the Nigerian cider market and pricing analysis. Additionally, SGA provided in-depth analysis on the alcoholic beverage market in Nigeria. Also, key market trends and anecdotal analysis from industry influencers.
At SGA, we help our clients understand the strengths of diverse markets and how to exploit opportunities.
PSD2 and MiFID II – Game Changers for the European Banking Sector
Roadmap for Overcoming Challenges in IoT Adoption
Defense Spending: Is the World Buying Security or Fear?
Is the Oasis of Tax Free Income drying out?
Spotlight On: Changing Customer Expectations